Theme: "Forward under full sails"
WELCOME TO ÅLAND FOR A GUILD MEETING IN JUNE 2009
Åland is an archipelago of islands between Sweden and Finland. The province has considerable autonomy from Finland with e.g. a flag and stamps of its own and a representative in the Finnish Parliament. It is demilitarised. Åland with its 27 000 inhabitants is officially unilingually Swedish. It is a real summer paradise in the middle of the Baltic Sea. Åland is most beautiful in June with flowery meadows and a glittering sea. Mariehamn is the capital of Åland with 11 000 inhabitants.
Lodging and most of the programme will be in Mariehamn.
Registration and terms
Your registration form must reach us not later than 30.4.2009
Your registration becomes valid upon receipt of the payment of 300 euro by 30.5.2009
- Celebration in a maritime spirit on the museum ship Pommern, the unique barque in the Western Harbour of Mariehamn
- Visit to the prize winning Museum of Åland
- Presentation of participating countries
- Traditional camp fire with a sea view
- Sightseeing in Åland
- Traditional Midsummer Feast with a maypole in Nordic-Baltic colours erected by the participants
- City orientation in a scout manner in Mariehamn etc.
Suomen Pyhän Yrjänän Partiokillat - S:t Görans Scoutgillen i Finland ry