Theme: Live together Scouting and Guiding, a school for Peace and citizenship
-within Val de Loire, historical centre of France, designated by UNESCO as part of the World Heritage.
The conference will take place in Tours, France, in the “Conference centre Vinci”.
The draft programme is as follows:
- Delegates will be welcome at the railway station of Tours (in front of the Vinci) in the afternoon of Sunday 11
- In the late afternoon first opportunity of getting acquainted thanks to a friendly welcome in the “Parc de la Préfecture” close to the Vinci with young guides and scouts
- Conference per se from Monday 12 to Wednesday 14. In addition to the traditional elements of a European Conference which will be discussed with the Europe Committee there will be:
- lecture on Tours and Chateaux de la Loire followed by a visit of the town;
- a round table linked with the name of the Conference
- a gala evening in Grange de Meslay (a barn) aged 8 centuries
- Thursday 15, day of visits: two chateaux and one wine cave ... wines from Touraine are highly famous and various
- additional tours from Friday 16 will be organised for those who want to visit more of the Val de Loire but the programme is presently being established.