What we are doing is historical in ISGF; we take our future in our hands." (one of the participants)
Organised by the National Scout and Guide Fellowship of Ghana, this second ISGF Africa Gathering took place in Accra, from 2 to 9 November 2007.
Seven countries of the West Africa sub region attended; full members or members of the Central Branch or even simply observers. English speaking countries: Ghana, Nigeria, Sierra Leone ; French speaking countries: Benin, Côte d'Ivoire, Niger, Togo. All together about 20 participants. Burkina Faso and Liberia excused.
Observers (5) from United Kingdom and Italy attended and Martine Lévy and Rigmor Lauridsen, from the World Committee Africa team. Jean-François Lévy was the interpreter; he also translated documents.
And indeed, the very many discussions led to :
- Creation of two important posts
- Network coordinator for Africa (for 3 years until next gathering in 2010, : Eddie Mettle Nunoo from Ghana),
- Assistant for Central Branch for Africa (for 3 years until next gathering in 2010 : Marie-Gilberte Sonon from Benin)
- Creation of a data bank on competences
- The Law and the Promise for ISGF which will be proposed to the approval of the World Conference.
All the work for the development of ISGF in Africa is to be done and it is the beginning of a wonderful adventure.